★ Persistent links in Ovid Books are called Jumpstart URLs.
- After you navigate to the chapter of the book you want, click on the link at the top of page that says Email Jumpstart.
- A new box pops up. Highlight and copy the URL in the box at the top (it's usually very long- be sure to get the entire thing). Note that you can also email the URL to yourself, if you wish.
- Add the following prefix to the front of the URL:
- Example of a "proxied" persistent link:
- To shorten the link, you may want to plug it into a site like Bitly (http://bitly.com/), which will convert the link into a smaller one that is easier to work with. The links never expire.