1) What titles are available from Digital Campus?
"Swank Motion Pictures is the nontheatrical distributor for the majority of the major Hollywood studios as well as many independent, foreign, art house, and documentary offerings. We currently hold thousands of titles in our library." Search available titles via the Swank Digital Campus Movie Search.
2) How do I get access to movie titles that aren't on the list of currently available films?
You can search Swank's website to see what titles they offer. If you see a title there you would like us to consider adding for your course, please fill out the Swank Request Form. Available funds and other criteria will determine whether or not we are able to fulfill your request.
3) Is closed captioning available?
Closed captioning is available for most films. Films without closed captioning will not be licensed.
4) Can I use one of the currently licensed films in my course if I did not request it?
Yes, faculty can use any currently licensed film in their course. Fill out the Swank Request Form to request a link.
5) How long are the films licensed?
Films are generally licensed for 6 months to a year and may be re-licensed if needed. Generally, most films required for a course assignment will be licensed indefinitely.
6) How do students access the films?
You will link to the film in your Blackboard course.
7) Will students need any special software to view the film?
If using Chrome browser or Firefox v.47 and higher, no. If using IE or Safari, you will need to download Google’s Widevine Media Optimizer plugin.
8) Can I watch films on my mobile device?
Other questions? Contact Heather Blicher, Online Learning Librarian.