To turn NOOK on and off, press & hold.
When NOOK is on, this Π button brings up menu. When NOOK is asleep, this button reawakens the device.
Memory Card Slot
Lift flap to insert your own memory card for storing documents, etc.
The NOOK takes a 3.5mm plug to connect headphones.
Two (2) Volume Buttons
Located on the side of the NOOK.
1. Press and hold power jack for 5 seconds to
turn NOOK on.
2. Allow the NOOK to load.
(Usually takes 3 minutes)
3. Select language.
4. Select your network.
5. When it is connected, tap ‘Continue with
6. Tap ‘Select Country’ and choose the United
7. Tap ‘Select Time Zone’ and choose Eastern
8. Tap ‘Next.’
9. Allow time for Nook to register.
10. Check box on left to agree to Terms of
11. Tap ‘Agree.’
12. If you do not already have a B & N.com
account, tap 'No, I need to create an account.’
13. Create your NOOK account using your
14. Tap ‘Skip’ if you do not wish to enter any
15. Choose category or categories of interest.
16. Tap ‘Skip’ or browse the free samples.
17. Your NOOK is now registered.