No matter the tool you use, you should always evaluate the results! Deal with the C.R.A.A.P!
- Currency -- When was the information created, written or recorded? Look for a date and determine what that means.
- Relevance -- Does the information relate to your need? Who is the intended audience? If you have any doubt, take the time to verify with another source!
- Authority -- Who is the author/publisher/source/sponsor? Are they qualified in some way to provide the information? Does the authority have some form of bias?
- Accuracy -- Is the information supported by evidence? Has the information been reviewed or refereed? Can you verify any of the information in another source or from personal knowledge?
- Purpose -- Why does the information/resource exist? Is it to inform, teach, sell, entertain or persuade? Are there political, ideological, cultural, religious, institutional or personal biases?