Canvas administration has incorporated the following external library tools into Canvas which allows you to embed these library tools into your course module.
- Alexander Street: Academic videos from many disciplines, including history, health, psychology, music, business, art, science, law, literature and education. Also called Academic Video Online.
- Films on Demand: Educational videos on a variety of topics including humanities, social sciences, business, economics, science, mathematics, health, medicine, technical education, family and consumer sciences, careers and job search, guidance and counseling and archival films and newsreels.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library: Collection of full-text encyclopedias, handbooks, and other sources for multidisciplinary research.
- Hoonuit: Online video tutorials for software including Adobe products, Microsoft Office and more.
- Literature Resource Center: Full-text biographies and critical analyses of writers and their work from a variety of periods and disciplines.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context: Essays, magazines, journals, newspapers, statistics, primary sources; focus is on controversial issues.
- Science in Context: Science topic overviews, biographies, periodical articles, images, videos and detailed experiments.
1. In the Course Module, click + to add a new item
2. Use the drop-down box to select Add External Tool
3. Select the tool from the list
4. Click Add Item to save