Group Study Rooms
Manassas Campus Library has five group study rooms available. The Tutoring Center holds tutoring sessions in some of the group study rooms at various times throughout the day. When rooms are not being used for tutoring, they may be used by groups. Please see the the Rules for Use below.
- Each room is equipped with a computer, a large, wall mounted LCD screen, and a dry-erase whiteboard.
- Rooms 1, 2 and 5 each has a PC running Windows 7. Rooms 3 and 4 each has an iMac running OS X Mavericks.
- Dry-erase markers are available for check out at the front desk. A valid NOVACard is required to check out a set of markers.
- Any room that is not being used for tutoring may be reserved by groups of two or more students.
- Rooms may be reserved in person at the front desk or by calling the Library at 703-257-6640.
- A valid NOVACard is required to reserve a room.
- Reservations may be made up to 48 hours in advance.
- Reservations may be made for up to two hours at a time. Additional time may be granted on a case by case basis depending on demand.
- Groups that are more than 15 minutes late for a reservation may be bumped by another group.
- Groups may not use rooms for more than two hours by having a different member of the group make consecutive reservations.
Rules for Use:
- Rooms are for academic work only.
- Please keep the noise level down and the door closed.
- There is no eating in the rooms.
- Beverages must be in spill proof containers.
- Please do not move furniture into or out of the room.
- The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Unattended items will be taken to Campus Police.