Group Study at the Medical Campus Library
Two study rooms for groups of 2-6.
Each room is equipped with:
Groups and individuals may use the library classroom when it's not being used for instruction. Help yourself!
Thank you for your consideration!
Group study space is limited, and there is high demand.
Violation of the MEC Study Room rules and policies may result in the loss of room reservation/privileges. The Library also reserves the right to cancel a reservation.
We thank you for following our policies so as many students as possible can use the rooms.
Reservations and Policies
More about our Group Study Rooms:
Capacity: 2-6 people
Making a Reservation:
- Reservations should be made at http://libcal.nvcc.edu/booking/MECstudyrooms or by calling the front desk at 703-822-6684. Additionally, you can make reservations using the computer located at the front desk in the library.
- Rooms can be reserved up to one week in advance by using your VCCS or your NVCC email address.
- Reservations are made on the hour or half hour only, for a maximum of 2 hours per group per day. Please note that groups may not use rooms for more than two hours by having different members of the group make consecutive reservations.
- The student who reserved the room MUST check-in at the front desk.
- Your NOVACard is required for check-in.
Use of Rooms:
Priority Use of Rooms:
- NOVA students working in groups of 2-6.
(may be bumped for priority users)
- Single users
- Walk-ins only on as-available basis. No Reservations.
- Individual students can be bumped from the room for a group.
- Academic meetings between students and faculty
- Group study rooms are for academic purposes only.
- Groups who are more than 15 minutes late for a reservation may be bumped for another group.
- Rooms are not sound proof. Conversations must be kept at a low level as to not disturb students or staff.
- Rooms must be left free of trash and undamaged in any manner.
- Walk-ins are subject to availability