NOVA Libraries provides quality instruction services to our students, faculty and staff in support of the College’s General Education Information Literacy goal. The libraries work collaboratively with the NOVA community to ensure equity of instruction across all campuses and learning environments.
Our instruction program’s continued development is based on:
- A commitment to helping students gain confidence in identifying, finding and using information effectively and ethically.
- Valuing and respecting our students, their diversity, their goals and their previous experiences.
- Encouraging critical thinking skills and continuous learning beyond the academic setting.
- A commitment to ongoing assessment of the instruction program.
- Keeping current with changing curricular needs and technologies that affect teaching and learning.
- Recognition of the professional standards of the American Library Association and the Association of College and Research Libraries.