1. If you have not done so already, download Adobe Digital Editions. This will allow you checkout and download eBooks for viewing offline. To simply view eBooks while online, Adobe Acrobat is sufficient. You will need to choose your operating system. For a PC, choose Windows (5.7 MB).
2. After Adobe Digital Editions is installed, you will be asked to enter an Adobe ID to authorize your computer. Enter either an existing Adobe ID or follow the instructions to create a new one. *If you plan on transferring your eBooks to an iPad, you must authorize your computer and your iPad with the same Adobe ID.
3. Follow the instructions on Where to Find eBooks? available on the Home tab of this guide. Once you have located an eBook that you would like to download, click on the title. You will be taken to one of NOVA's eBook collections; all of the eBook collections are listed on the Home tab of this guide. You will be prompted to enter your MyNOVA username and password before viewing an eBook.
4. Click on Download to download the eBook. Depending on which collection your chosen eBook comes from, you may also be prompted to create another account. For example, to download eBooks from EBSCO, you will need to create a free EBSCO account. You will only need to provide an e-mail address and password.
5. You will be asked to checkout and download the eBook. You may choose to check out eBooks for up to 7 days.
Note: Your screen may look different depending on which collection your eBook comes from.
6. Once downloaded, the eBook will be available for viewing within your Adobe Digital Editions Bookshelves under All Items or Borrowed. Select the book and click Read or double click on the book. to open it. *If Adobe Digital Editions does not appear on your desktop, you can find it under Documents/My Digital Editions.
7. Returning an eBook early: You can return an eBook within Adobe Digitial Editions. Under Bookshelves choose either All Items or Borrowed. Right click on the book you wish to return. Click on Return or Return Borrowed Item. Some eBooks will not give you this option, but you can right click on the book and Remove from Library. If you do not return the book yourself, your book will return on its own after the checkout period has expired.