Group Study at the Annandale Campus Library
Annandale Campus Library has 4 Group Study Rooms. Reservations are required and rooms can be reserved for a maximum of 2 hours per group per day. Each room is equipped with a large 42" LCD screen and an Apple TV.
Make a group study reservation online or call the Circulation Desk at 703-323-3128 to reserve a room.
More about our Group Study Rooms:
- Rooms 1 and 2: 2-6 people
- Rooms 3 and 4: 2-4 people
Making a Reservation:
- Reservations should be made at http://libcal.nvcc.edu/booking/ANstudyrooms or by calling the Circulation Desk at 703-323-3128. Additionally, there is a computer station dedicated to group study room reservations in the library.
- Rooms can be reserved up to two weeks in advance by using your VCCS or your NVCC email address.
- Reservations are made on the hour or half hour only, for a maximum of 2 hours. Please note that groups may not use rooms for more than two hours by having different members of the group make consecutive reservations.
- The student who reserved the room MUST sign-in at the Circulation Desk.
- Your NOVACard is required for check-in.
- If reserving a room over the phone, student must complete and sign responsibility statement.
Use of Rooms:
- Group study rooms are for academic purposes only.
- Rooms are not sound proof. Conversations must be kept at a low level as to not disturb students or staff. Headphones and headphone splitters are available at the Circulation Desk for checkout.
- Rooms must be left free of trash and undamaged in any manner.
- Close door when leaving.
Media Center Use at the Annnandale Campus Library
The Digital Media Studio at Annandale Campus Library has 1 Epson Graphic Arts Scanner and 4 computers (2 Macs and 2 touch-screen Dells) equipped with design and editing software to assist students with media projects.
- Adobe Audition
- Garage Band
- Adobe Illustator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Photo Story
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Fireworks
- Adobe Premeire
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe SpeedGrade
- Final Cut Pro
Reservations can be made up to two weeks in advance by going to http://libcal.nvcc.edu/booking/ANMediaStudio or by calling the Reference Desk at (703) 323-3128.
You may use the Digital Media Studio for up to 2 hours. If no one has reserved your computer when your time is up, you can extend your time by going back to the registration site.
All Studio users must bring their NOVA ID and check-in at the Reference Desk.
1.) All users must reserve a computer station. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2.) Users must check in at the Reference Desk with their NOVA ID.
3.) The studio is only for digital media projects.
4.) No food or drink allowed.
5.) Leave the room free of trash and undamaged.
6.) Keep the door closed at all times.
7.) Be respectful of other studio users and keep noise to a minimum.
Fair Use Guidelines
Any images, photos, graphs, etc. that you find on the internet may be subject to copyright law of the United States (Title 17, US Code). The person using the Digital Media Studio equipment is responsible for any infringement.
Fair Use Guidelines for Educational Multimedia courtesy of the University of Washington.