Reserving a Room:
- The group member who reserved the room must check-in at the Research Desk with a current and valid NOVACard or other valid photo ID. A valid form of photo ID is required for check-in, no exceptions.
- In case of a no-show or if a group does not arrive within the 15 minute grace period of their reservation, library staff reserves the right to cancel bookings in order to make the room available to others.
Rules for Use:
- Groups of 2 of more students (maximum 4-8 depending on room size)
- Single users
- Individual student use on walk-in, as-available basis. No reservations.
- Individual students can be bumped from the room if a group books the room.
- Academic meetings between students and faculty
- Group study rooms are for academic use only.
- As the group rooms are not soundproof, groups must limit the noise of conversations and equipment to a reasonable and minimal volume, so as not to disturb patrons in the main library area. Headphones are required for audio and may be checked out at the front Circulation Desk.
- The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Keep track of belongings. Do not leave belongings in group room unattended.
- While drinks and snacks are allowed in the library, group rooms must be left clean, undamaged, and with all the equipment present. Cleaning up spills or messes are the group’s responsibility. See a staff member if cleaning materials are needed.
- Disruptive behavior is not tolerated. Continued offenses may result in losing the privilege to use the rooms, being asked to leave the library, or being reported to the Dean of Students for further disciplinary action.